Wednesday, March 13, 2013

You Are in Control!

Lately I've been really thinking about the direction of my life, and how I spend my time.
I think it's something that happens to most people as you get older and have more responsibilities and things that drain your time. I've read countless posts lately from bloggers realising social media and all this technology stuff really disconnects you from life and living.

Last week I turned 25.
I look around at my favourite bloggers, look at where they are in their life, what they've achieved... and I am shocked that I am older than some... and definitely not as accomplished.
I look around at the people that I follow on Instagram, that inspire me daily ... and am shocked at how creative people can be, and how they are living their dreams (or maybe, they are living my dreams!!)

Today, I was looking for design inspiration and came across this quote by Dave Gamache:
"Take a moment and realize you're in control of your own life. Odds are, no one is stopping you from doing what you want. Stop going through the motions every day and take control of your life. Waking up at 8AM, going to work, coming home at 6PM, watching TV for 2 hours and going to bed is fine routine, but shake it up and get out of your comfort zone more often."

Um... Hello. How did he know what was my daily routine? Except I wake up at 5:50AM, go to work, come home at 6:38PM, cook tea, watch a movie for 2 hours and go to bed. Sometimes I really want to shake things up - do the unexpected... But it's hard, and it's tiring and sometimes I'm lazy (no.. make that usually!)

But am I living? Am I excited to be alive, do I wake up with a smile? Can I look back at the last few months and say, I really lived the bananas out of February.  Nope. No I can't.

So this is me making a public declaration that I really want to change that!
I want to work on the ideas floating in my head, I want to take the time to be creative for my own sake (not because I get paid for it), I want to go to the beach after work and eat chips and a milkshake in the sand as the sun dips below the horizon, I want to go for an epic bike ride and come home exhausted but satisfied, I want to dress up in silly clothes and have a dance party, I want to bake lots of different cookies, make a huge mess in the kitchen, and eat them all (with icecream).... I want to do crazy things, and fun things... and scary things.

I want to make changes & follow through on plans ...

I want to be in control of my own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comment away!